By KATO P. LADAN, Kaduna
The Kano State Government has approved the setting up of an Interim Management Committee for Kantin Kwari Market, in Kano city, for a term of three months.
A statement signed by the Hon. Commissioner,
Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Kano, Ahmad Rabiu informed that the Interim Committee is mandated to ensure effective control of the market, safety and cleanness of the environment as well as collection of appropriate dues to government in very transparent process and way.
In addition, the committee will simultaneously work with the state Ministry of Commerce and Industry to organize elections for new executives for the association in the market as soon as possible.
Membership of the committee is as follows:
1. Ahmad Nuhu Sani (Namado) – Chairman
2. Ibrahim Haruna Ibrahim (BBY) – Member
3. Muhammad Ladan – Member
4. Nura Audu Marshal – Member
5. Hajiya Rabi Mansur Yola (Director Commerce) – Managing Director
6. Rabiu Mohammed Diyam (DD State MDAs – KIRS) – Director Finance
7. Umar Ladio (SSA – Solid Minerals) – Member / Secretary
Meanwhile, the state Ministry of Commerce will continue to work closely with the Ministry of Justice and other relevant stakeholders for the establishment of Market Management Boards for the Kantin Kwari Market and six other selected markets in Kano metropolis.