Multiple complaints have continued to trail the recent list of shortlisted candidates released by the State Universal Basic Education Board, (SUBEB), in Kaduna.
SUBEB had last week released thousands of names of successful applicants who sat for recruitment exams for primary school teachers in the state.
While some of the applicants have cried fowl that their names were released as successful candidates but later replaced or changed with another person, others complained that they were prevented from attending interviews on grounds that their names tallied with one or two other persons.
In some instances, telephone numbers of the candidates were fraudulently removed which made it difficult for them to differentiate between the candidates with similar names, qualifications and local government areas of origin.
Some of the affected applicants who spoke to journalists on anonymity, for security reasons, said they checked and saw their names on Sunday with their serial numbers only to come back later and see another person’s name.
“Last Sunday I checked my name on the notice board in Chikun Local Government Area, today I came back it was changed. I asked one of the officers who told me to go to SUBEB office and lay my complaints” said a candidate.
“I applied in Kaduna South, but my name appeared under Birnin Gwari Local Government. When I traveled to the LG for interview, they told me that someone who’s name, serial number and qualifications tally with my name has already done the interview. The phone number that supposed to differentiate us was blank in space”, another affected lady lamented.
According to what some of those affected applicants revealed, some names were duplicated as names of those already recruited and are teaching came out in the changed list in Chikun LG and others.
Some, who neither attended, applied, nor sat for exams or qualified were interviewed in many places, they said.
Some of the affected people also said when they met SUBEB officers, bearing “Permanent Member 1”, she told them that their is nothing she can do about their complaints, adding that nobody listened to her if she takes the complaint further to relevant departments.
Also when contacted, the PRO and the Chairman of board were on seat, however, the same Permanent Member 1, delegated to attend to journalists drove them away after hitting the table angrily that she’ll not talk to anyone.
It would be recalled that the exercise was allegedly cancelled twice and some directors sacked owing to their roles by the governor for fraudulently handling the exams previously.