Property Worth Billions Lost As Fire Razes Electronics Outlet

0
91
File photo of KADSIECOM office on fire
By ONYEKACHUKWU MELUWA, Warri
Reports reaching AUTHENTIC News Daily says fire has razed down an electronic shop, Ugomenx Electronics and destroyed  goods worth billions of Naira along the popular Cinema Site along Okumagba Avenue in Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State.
It was learnt.that the fire incident started from an electric pole immediately the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) restored light in the area.
The restored light caused sparkling at the electric pole while there is a metre inside the electronic shop which ignited the fire which razed down the shop.
The owner of the shop simply identified as Ugo as well as his salesmen battled to quench the fire but were unable to reach and switch off the metre on time as they were overwhelmed by the fire.
Several goods including deep freezers, televisions, air conditioners , compressors and other assorted items were engulfed as a result of the inferno.
If not for the Delta State Fire Service who battled to quench the fire with three trucks of water and saved same from spreading to other shops, the situation would have been worse.
The Warri South Council Chairman, Dr. Michael Tidi who was represented by the Vice Chairman, Hon.(Mrs.) Divine Oniovosa said the owner of the shop of the electronic shop has lost huge amount of money due to the ugly incident.
The Council boss hailed the Delta State Fire Service for their quick response to duty and the Okere-Urhobo Community for helping to quench the fire.
“The fire service, they have done well today from what I can see, they came with three trucks of water. If not for the fire service, only God would have known what would have happened.
” The Community, they have done alot today. God will pay them back. They are the one that came at first to make sure they put this fire to an end.”
Hon. Tidi also called on well meaning Deltans to come to the aid of the owner of the shop whose shop was engulfed by the fire.
The Youth President of Okere-Urhobo Community, Comrade Cyril Eboh who also spoke with Our Correspondent corroborated the report.
According to Eboh,”Actually before I came, I was told that immediately NEPA just brought light and there was spark from the electric pole and that was what led to the fire outbreak. More also, it is like its metre is also inside the shop and as a result of that, they were unable to reach out to where the metre is on time. From there, the fire just break out and destroy other things.”
Eboh also advised the general public to adopt fire preventive measures within and around them so as to respond adequately on time before the arrival of the Delta State Fire Service Officials whenever there are fire incidences.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here