Three senior officials of the Kaduna State Government have been reappointed to their first-term roles. This includes the Secretary to the State Government, Balarabe Abbas Lawal, Principal Private Secretary Dr. Salisu Suleiman and Senior Adviser-Counsellor Jimi Lawal.
A statement signed by the
Senior Special Assistant to the Governor (Media & Publicity), Samuel Aruwan said that both Balarabe Abbas Lawal and Salisu Suleiman were among the first set of appointees named by Malam Nasir el-Rufai before he was sworn-in for the first-term in May 2015.
A statement from Sir Kashim Ibrahim House disclosed that several Special Assistants also retain their roles, while Barrister James Kanyip, has been appointed Deputy Chief of Staff in the office of the Deputy Governor, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe. Kanyip, a widely published lawyer, holds an LL.M in Human Rights Law. He was twice chairman of Kaura Local Government and has been a consultant to several local and international organisations.
“The Kaduna State Government is continuing its personnel selection for the second-term. Further to this, Malam Nasir El-Rufai has approved the following appointments:
- Balarabe Abbas Lawal Secretary to the State Government
- Dr. Salisu SuleimanPrincipal Private Secretary
- Jimi Lawal Senior Adviser-Counsellor
- Peter Jones, Deputy Chief of Staff (Administration)
- James Kanyip, Deputy Chief of Staff(Deputy Governor’s Office)
- Zainab MohammedSenior Special Assistant, Economic Matters/Administrator of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Programme
- Adejoh MomohSpecial Assistant, Research & Documentation
- Joel Adoga, Special Assistant, Administration
- Mubarak MohammedSpecial Assistant, Project Implementation
- Hosea SaniSpecial Assistant, KADGIS
- Maimuna ZakariSpecial Assistant, Priority Projects
- Halima IdrisSpecial Assistant, Creative Arts Development
- Tamar NandulSpecial Assistant, Inter-Governmental Relations
- Peculiar NwaohiriSpecial Assistant, Abuja Liaison Office
- Elias YahayaSpecial Assistant, Programmes
- Iliyasu JegaSpecial Assistant, Protocol
- Umar Farouk SalehPersonal Assistant
“All Special Advisers are to continue in their current roles until the expiration of the tenure of the Kaduna State House of Assembly that was elected in 2015.
“Further announcements on appointments and reappointments will be made after the newly-elected Kaduna State House of Assembly convenes.”