*February salaries to capture adjustments, as implementation takes effect from January 1
By KATO P.. LADAN, Kaduna
Gombe State Government and the organized labour in the state today agreed on payment of N30,000 new minimum wage.
According to a statement signed by the Senior Special Assistant
(Media and Publicity), Ismaila Uba Misilli, this was after series of negotiations between the government team, led by the state Deputy Governor, Dr. Manassah Daniel Jatau, the organized labour and the Joint Negotiation Council.
According to the agreement signed by all the parties at a meeting in the office of the Deputy Governor, the new minimum wage of 30, 000 Naira will be paid to civil servants, including those in Local Government areas and Local Education Authorities (LEA).
As contained in the agreement, “the effective date of the implementation of the new national minimum wage shall be 18th April, 2019 notionally while financially with effect from 1st January, 2020”.
In the meantime, 65 per cent on the increase of CONHESS and CONMESS will be implemented in the state civil service and the remaining 35 per cent will be considered during the review between the period of 6 and 12 months from the effective date of implementation.
It will be recalled that Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya had in December, 2019, constituted a 15- man committee headed by the state Deputy Governor, Dr Manassah Daniel Jatau to negotiate the N30,000 minimum wage and the consequential adjustments.