FG Vs Shiites: Friendly Fire Killed Corporal Dankaduna – Witness



    The Chief Investigating Police Officer who led the investigating team of the Police that investigated the Army Shiite Clash in Zaria in December 2015 has placed the blame in respect of the killing of Cpl Dankaduna on the doorsteps of the Nigerian army.

    Over 200 members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) have been in Prison Custody since December 2015 while standing trial before the Hon. Justice David Nyom of the High Court of Kaduna State allegedly for killing Cpl. Dankaduna and for other sundry offences.

    At the resumed sitting of the Court on the 10th of October 2017, the Prosecution led by the Director of Public Prosecution of Kaduna State Mr. Dari Bayero put CSP Ibrahim Abdul in the box as the prosecution’s 43rd witness.

    Under cross examination, Counsel to the Defendants Mr. Maxwell Kyon Esq., asked the Chief Investigating Police Officer whether the Army had informed him at the point of showing him the corpse of Cpl. Dankaduna that the said Cpl. Dankaduna died as a result of friendly fire.

    Chief Superintendent of Police Ibrahim Abdul (the Chief IPO) responded by saying that the Nigerian Army had indeed suggested to him at the time when he went to see the corpse of Cpl. Dankaduna in the morgue at the 44 Army Reference Hospital in Kaduna that the Cpl. was killed as a result of friendly fire.

    This new information completely changes the entire color of the case against the members of the movement who are standing trial before the Kaduna High Court for allegedly killing the same Cpl. Dankaduna who from Ibrahim Abdul’s testimony obviously met his end from the barrel of the gun of another soldier.

    Still under cross examination, the same CSP Ibrahim Abdul conceded that he never went to Zaria to investigate what actually happened on that fateful day in December 2015 when over 347 members of the Shia sect met their death during the faceoff between the sect members and the Nigerian Army.

    He stated that all he did was take delivery of the exhibits handed over to the police by the Nigerian Army and the suspect brought along with the said exhibits.

    According to the CSP, he did not have the time to go to Zaria to investigate the incident so he simply made do with the information supplied to him by the Nigerian Army.


    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here