Suspected Kidnap Kingpin, Dracula Allegedly Dies In Delta Police Custody




    A suspected kidnap kingpin, Anthony Ogbalor a.k.a, Dracula has reportedly died in the custody of the Delta State Police Command in Asaba.

    Details of the suspected kidnapper’s death is still sketchy at the time of this report.

    It was however learnt that the suspect may have died  under questionable circumstances.

    It was also gathered that the remains of the deceased suspect has been deposited at an undisclosed morgue.

    Delta State Acting Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Andrew Aniamaka confirmed the death of the kidnap suspect but stated that he died in a hospital and not in the Police custody.

    DSP Aniamaka explained that the deceased whom he described as “kidnapper”, “murderer” and “killer” developed illness and was rushed to a police hospital where he died.

    “Dracula died in a hospital where he was rushed to. He was ill and was rushed to a medical facility where he died. It is the Police Hospital” he said.

    The late Dracula who hails from Iyede in Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State was arrested late December, 2017 alongside other gang members over alleged offence of conspiracy, armed robbery and kidnapping.

    He was arrested at about 7:30 pm in a snatched navy blue Toyota Corolla car with reg. no EPE 874 DQ, after been trailed driving along Enerhen road in Warri.

    Former Delta State Commissioner of Police, CP. Zanna Ibrahim who paraded the 57-year-old suspect alongside 30 other suspects, said that he was arrested after another suspect implicated him in a kidnap case involving one Henry Kessena, Kosin Henry, aka Capon, and Kenneth Onome, who waylaid and whisked to an unknown detention camp Pastor Frank Otomi and Mrs. Mofe Otomi, at Delta Steel Company, DSC, Roundabout, Warri, in June 23, 2017, while they were driving in a Hyundai SUV.

    CP Ibrahim who said that Dracula, had earlier been arrested and charged to court over murder in a communal crisis at Isoko area of the state, said the suspect was released by the court under suspicious circumstances, hence he had complained to Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Commissioner of Justice and Attorney General of the state over the shocking release and was waiting to get more information on the development.


    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here