Explosion Injures 2 In Ebonyi

    0
    402
    Fire

    By Nwogha Ndubuisi Andy, Abakaliki

    Two persons from Okpuitumo community, Abakaliki LG, were reportedly hospitalized following the explosion of cooking gas also known as cylinder, while cooking in their room at nwezenyi lgbeagu in Izzi LGA of Ebonyi State.

    One of the victims, and a Computer Science student at Akanu-Ibiam Federal polytechnics Uwana, mr.Ejike Agbo,while narrating his ugly incident in his hospital bed told journalists in Abakaliki that after he graduated from his National Diploma(ND) decided to use his period of Industrial Training to learn handiwork, and engaged himself in a parapet molding and plastering to be using to help himself and lived with his colleague Mr.Chimaobi Ota who was also victimized in the incident.

    Hear him “on that night  after we returned from work, I was very hungry and when we went to switch on our cylinder to cook, on the process of doing that, we discovered that the burner has a problem; then, I loosed the burner, after cleaning it and set it back the way it used to be  and struck matches to put it fire, before I could know what is happening;we were already surrounded by fire inside our room”.

    “Then, we were running helter skelter looking for the entrance of our room, but to the glory of God we were able to see the door and ran outside rolling ourself on the ground, luckily there was heavy rain which helped us to quench the fire, that is how we escaped the fire that could have burnt us to death, but we loosed all our properties and there is no way to replace them especially in this critical time”.

    He explained that all their neighbours have slept as at the time  of the incident and there was nobody to help them, noting that the incident has subjected them to  untold hardship and appealed to state, Federal government and other well spirited individual to come to their aid to ameliorate their sufferings while praying God to unravel the circumstances surrounding the situation.

    He admonished gas users to desist from answering calls while cooking and avoid  cooking inside the house unless kitchen where there is provision for ventilation to avert such cases in the society.

    Another victim Mr Chimaobi Ota expressed dismay over the incident and described it as a black day to their family

    He hinted that the gas was newly bought and had no knowledge that it has a problem and called on people to always use their gas outside in a far distance from house to confirm its functionality before using it to cook urging them to always keep away electrical items while cooking to avoid such related cases.
    He blamed devil for putting them into such terrible condition.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here